Accutest Uriscreen CLIA Waived UTI Test is a rapid screening test which combines the detection of both bacteriuria and pyuria (the presence of somatic cells in urine), by detecting catalase activity (an enzyme present in many eukaryotic cells). Accutest Uriscreen™ provides physicians’ offices, clinical laboratories and outpatient sites with a rapid and accurate screening method for urinary tract infections. Accutest Uriscreen’s negative predictive value (NPV) of 95%, is higher than the NPV of the urine dipstick. Accutest Uriscreen™ is a cost-effective, screening procedure, which can be used to complement conventional culture methods.
Features & Benefits
- Ideal for screening of UTI in physicians’ offices, long term and urgent care settings.
- Efficient way to screen out negative specimens and determine need for further testing.
- Early diagnosis minimizes costly complications of UTI.
- Visual results within 2 minutes
- Easy to use; requires no instrumentation
- CLIA Waived UTI Test
- Exceptionally sensitive for low bacterial counts
- (5×104 CFU/ml at 93% sensitivity)
- Early diagnosis prevents unnecessary treatment and minimizes costly complications of UTI
- CPT Code: 81007QW