DABIT™ Drugs of Abuse Identification Test: Opiates is an Opiate Drug Test that screens for the presumptive identiﬁcation of Opiates, Oxycodone, and Heroin.
Each kit includes 10 DABIT™ tests and includes the neutralizer.
- Dab or rub the suspect material or residue.
- Drop back into its tube and squeeze the tube.
- A color match indicates a positive.
The ofﬁcer-friendly DABIT™ can even be used on residue that would otherwise be almost impossible to collect if using another type of presumptive test kit – the user doesn’t have to worry about gusts of wind either – DABIT™ holds the sample ﬁrmly in place until it can be tested.
Features and Benefits
- DABIT™ Series: cocaine, opiates, crack, marijuana, general screening, LSD, methamphetamine, etc.
- Color-coded result – broad range of drugs identiﬁed
- Oﬃcer-friendly – improves ease of collection dramatically and color is easy to see against the white sample tip
- Clean & Simple
- Easy sample and residue collection
- Long shelf-life: 2 years under severe storage conditions
Opioids vs Opiates
Many people have questions surrounding the difference between these two terms. As it turns out, both terms are often interchanged because these substances largely produce the same effects. Opiates are substances with active ingredients that are naturally derived from opium. Common opiates include morphine and codeine, which are both directly made from the opium found in poppy plants. Opioids are synthetically manufactured substances that mimic the “natural” effects of opium. Some opioids are fully synthetic, while others are only partially synthetic – meaning they still contain natural opium.