The Accutest ValuPak CLIA Waived iFOBT (Immunological Fecal Occult Blood Test) is a rapid, qualitative, sandwich immunoassay for the determination of fecal occult blood in human stool sample by laboratories or physician offices and includes 50 tests per kit. This CLIA Waived test is useful to determine gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding found in a number of gastrointestinal (GI) disorders, e.g., diverticulitis, colitis, polyps, and colorectal cancer. This test is recommended for use in 1) routine physical examinations, when hospital patients are first admitted, 2) hospitals monitoring for bleeding in patients, 3) screening for colorectal cancer or gastrointestinal bleeding from any source.
Features & Benefits
- An important aid in the diagnosis of colorectal cancer
- Testing more than one sample from different bowel movements improves accuracy and is recommended by the American Cancer Society, since polyps bleed intermittently.
- Immunoassay test specific to human hemoglobin
- Sensitivity 99.2%, Specificity 96.7%, Accuracy 98.3%
- No dietary or drug restrictions
- Easy to use collection materials
- Rapid results
- CLIA Waived iFOBT Test
- Shelf Life: Twenty-four (24) months, at room temperature (from date of manufacture)
- CPT Codes: 82274QW or G0328QW